About Thetha FM 100.6:
In 1997 a group of young and enthusiastic youth came together to make a difference in their community. They saw radio as a tool to educate those around them, motivate people to change their situation and stimulate economic growth and community development.
After six years of organizing and negotiating, Thetha FM was granted a four-year broadcasting license in September 2003 by the Independent Communication Authority of South Africa (Icasa).
On 15 November 2005, Thetha FM based at Isikhumbuzo Secondary school in Orange farm (City of JHB region G) – Officially began broadcasting across the region on the frequency 100.6 Mhz
- To operate a sustainable community radio that will promote primary health care and community development around the footprint.
- To provide informative and empowering programming that can be used by our community to solve local problems.
- To help the areas within our footprint to create a unique image and voice that promotes local initiative and self reliance.
- To celebrate our diversity and increase understanding across cultural lines.
- To utilise all our resources in order to bring about positive change within the community.
Areas of Broadcast:
Although based in Orange Farm, Thetha FM reaches a much larger audience, with listeners in the following areas:
Entire Vaal Triangle, Poortjie, Westonoria, Randfontien, Ennerdale, Lenasia, Eldorado Park, Other parts of Soweto, Other parts of Ekurhuleni.
Caltonville, Potchefstroom, Fochville.
Sasolburg, Heilbron, Petrus Steyn, Villiers and Dennesville.
Grootvlei and Balfour.
Call us on 011-850-0055
For more information, click on the link below:
Thetha FM 100.6